Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
OOPS! Incorrect Position Of Post On My Part.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Lee on July 1, 1999 01:35:01 UTC

Sorry, the above post with the FOLLOWING words belongs under Greg Armel's post below.

My error.

: You are MOST correct sir.

: The existence of God is not a matter for science at all since no evidence can be produced to prove or dis-prove it either way. It is a matter for individual contemplation alone and it is certain that spiritual endeavours DO have an effect on one's health and happiness, when that person believes enough in them. THIS is well documented as you say. In itself it also "proves" nothing either way as to the existence of God, merely the effect of belief. It is foolish to try to prove God one way or the other. Stephen Hawking has already given the cosmological arguments for BOTH sides of this debate and they are good enough for me. The creationists however, can't even get their facts and evidence straight enough to put up anything that resembles science. Theirs is a "blind faith" rather than a truly spiritual one.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins