Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Popular Ideologies

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Benjamin Nelson on February 17, 2001 04:13:05 UTC

Ed:

And usually I never fail to write back almost immediately. I average at least 5 or 10 letters every night, some of them personal and some business. Naturally, I get hundreds of requests for autographed pictures, but most of these are answered by my secretary, a very intelligent orangutan.

Pardon me for laughing, but it just sounds funny: you and I both have been called heretics and romantics by Popes and Nobel laureates, but to be dismissed with stylistic clichés by teenagers who know nothing of you is just too much. I don’t know why I tend to make it sound humorous, because there’s very little humor in it all. Perhaps it demonstrates, probably more than anything else, just how far we’ve strayed from the popular ideologies of our time.

Still, I hope you don’t regret joining our little group -- it sure beats the hell out of Ovid -- and the ride can be pleasant if you don’t mind the rhythmic repetition of a never-ending Maypole dance. Also, I think you will be happily surprised that evolutionary theory is discussed frequently here.

By-the-way, I would not recommend posting your email address.

Crazed with power,
hell bent for the
worst kind of infamy...
B. L. Nelson

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins