Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Atheists Are More Open-minded Than Theists.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Morgan Powell on February 16, 2001 23:27:04 UTC

Al Gobeo,

You wrote:

> Please don't be offended by my response to your question.

I'm not offended by your response. Participants of this forum seem especially worried about offending others compared with a few other forums I've visited.

> Your question as to what the world would be
> like with or with out a God is really unanswerable.

Good response only if you're speaking as a theist. Most theists cannot seem to conceive of the alternative to God. To do so would force them to embrace the views of the atheists.

Atheists, however, CAN answer the question. They can conceive of a world different from the one that exists. They can imagine how the world should be different if the theists were right without feeling a need to join them.

Also, this question is one way to distinguish which of the two camps is the more open minded.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins