Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Jinns Are Invisible And Blind.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Morgan Powell on February 14, 2001 02:10:25 UTC

Jisbond,

I'm new to this forum format. I can see how the same questions can come up over and over again when someone new asks the same questions. It's like coming into a discussion half way. Thank you for your patience.

What do you mean the Jinns are invisible? What good are Jinns if they can't observe anything themselves? (remember that "the invisible man is blind") To be invisible means you don't interact with your environment. Things are visible because they interact with their environment. If the Jinn are invisible, then they might as well not exist. What evidence is there that the Jinn exist, other than that the Prophet Mohammed evidently believed in them?

Are there other things the Prophet Mohammed believed in that are still part of your religion, for example, that disease is caused by evil spirits rather than micro-organisms? Don't religious ideas such as these suggest to you that he was a superstitious man, with ideas primitive compared to modern times? Did he understand that the Earth is round, how old the Earth is, what fuels the stars, where the chemical elements came from, how we evolved from the apes, how oil formed, etc.?

You claim that some knowledge comes from God or Allah. What knowledge came from Allah rather than man? What evidence is there it came from Allah? It looks to me like all knowledge comes from man without Allah. Your "Allah gave it to man" attitude reminds me of a scene in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" in which someone suggests that Albert Einstein was an alien. Some people can't seem to accept that human beings are talented enough to do the things they seem to have done. There has to be aliens or God or something to account for man's greatness.

Jisbond, is there anything you've done in life that has to be blamed significantly on the supernatural influence of Allah, that can't be explained as due to your own actions, those of others around you, circumstances, and luck?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins