Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Fairy Myths Are Good. But You Have To Grow.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on February 10, 2001 20:19:55 UTC

When I was young (in 2-3 grade) and did not have knowledge of how things work, I liked to read fairy tales, including Bible (my grandma had one). It fascinated me how much ancient life resembles our today's struggle. But in 4th grade we started to study algebra, in 5-th - chemistry (boy, how many fascinating pirotechnical and other chemicals I experimented with back then), in 6-th physics (made crystal radios, then numerous transistor amplifiers, AM radios, FM walkie-talkie, even 3-inch screen oscilloscope), also started study biology, geology. In 8th grade accomplished general education as required by scool program. By this time I knew from my school textbooks how Earth geologically evolves, how DNA works and evolves, how viruses replicate, where and how "homo sapiens" evolved, as well as what is magnetic fild and light, knew algebraic basics of special relativity, what 4 forces govern everything around us, what is size and age of visible Universe, and that Solar system is but one out of billions of other solar systems lost in all corners of vast Milky Way, and that there are billions and billions of other milky ways, etc etc.

And ANYTHING goes hand-by-hand with math and mathematically and automatically follows from fundamental Laws of physics.

So, I did not need Santa Clause and Holy Bible any more. Grew up.

Later I learned calculus, electrodynamics, quantum mechanics, relativity and some general relativity and understood how all laws of physics follow just from basic symmetries of space and time.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins