Notice: session_start(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php5) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/astro/websites/astronomynet/htdocs/sitewide.php on line 4 Re: Where Is The God Then? - an Astronomy Net God & Science Forum Message
Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Where Is The God Then?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 10, 2001 18:44:08 UTC

If we pigeonhole his 'role' into being that of creator only, that is all we will enjoy. but just as you posted your creative writing to perhaps prove your creativity, perhaps only to share a little delight you had with the time you invested, why would god not then be capable of that, too? if we believe he can exist, and does, naturally we wonder just how much and why. it is stated many times in the bible that he wants to draw us close to him. maybe we don't deserve it, but that shows more about him. who are we that we direct him on where to be and not to be, if he's all great and powerful?

when looking up Isaiah for yanniru I noted Isa 42:20 You have seen many things, but you do not observe them. Your ears are open but none hears. v21 The Lord was pleased, for His righteousness sake, To make the law great and glorious.

Isa 10:15 Is the axe to boast itself over the one who chops with it? Is the saw to exalt itself over the one who wields it? That would be like a club wielding those who lift it, Or like a rod lifting him who is not wood.

Sure, this may sound preachy. But i have to wonder, if there is another God, why doesn't he speak up to claim us from the one whose words have been preserved for centuries? Maybe 'another' god didn't make us, love us, or care. i wouldn't bother to turn my attention to one who doesn't care. If you want just the banquet all of creation holds, fine. It's your choice whether or not to take the dessert plate with your name on it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins