Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Your Questions

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 9, 2001 03:58:35 UTC

Mary and Joseph were engaged, then she became pregnant with Jesus. Joseph was gonna call off the marriage til God told him, no this is what i made possible, don't put her away from you. I think stoning would have been her demise.

After Jesus, they did consumate and have more kids. they didn't believe jesus was the son of god, either, so he's used to being mocked/disbelieved. didn't change who he was, his mission, or success.

mary was chosen cuz she was very devout and believed god's promises (after a couple hundred years of silence, compared to when he used to hang around in clouds and fire) that he would send a messiah to save the world. but the old test folks figured the messiah was gonna be a big powerful political leader who'd kick everybody's butt. who knew that what people really need is to change inside first before there can be peace globally? so he made that possible by virtue of choice of whether or not to even believe he exists.
mary and joseph travelled from nazareth or galilee, i believe, to bethlehem for the census? i'll have to read that again. do you have a bible?

Yes Mary had to endure the journey. or did you mean was she on the journey BECAUSE she was pregnant out of wedlock? i wonder what the likelihood of natal survival was back then...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins