Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Suspect All Are Equally Secretive

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 9, 2001 03:24:45 UTC

while US may be a little more humane, it is not without its secrets (if we knew more about them, they wouldn't BE secrets, would they? amazing the things coming public about US experimenting on civilians in this century, etc.).

I believe it is the conscience, or lack thereof, which makes all the difference in political or other behavior. reminds me of the other day, in our company the Exec VP asked if he might use my performance goals as an example for others to think about their own. My reply was 'You sign my check, but truly I work for all 150 people here as WELL as our hundreds of customers, and I wouldn't jot down something without the knowledge, perhaps even hope, it would be scrutinized so that any suggestions for improvement would then be more possible.' and i'm not tooting my own horn here, i would just like to see such candor from folks in power, you know?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2020 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins