Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Most Scientists Embarrassed By Strange Religions

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on February 9, 2001 00:10:37 UTC

Been there, done that. I was a confirmed atheist from college to ten years past grad school. Then I saw scientific publication of remote sensing in the Proc of the IEEE done at Stanford Research Institute. It's also called out-of-body experinece (OBE) and also astral projection. If that can be true, almost anything can be true because it implies a non-physical existence.

So I began reading the literature in that area.
At that time I also developed sciatica from running marathons. Went to all the conventional doctors, even a famous one who also ran marathons. He gave me a Yoga exercise and said that's the best he could, having had lots of experience with other athletes with the same problem. Finally, I went to the local Guru in Zen Macrobiotics. He just changed my diet and in 2 days the pain went away, to come back again and again whenever I strayed from the diet. I had the pain for 1 year before seeing him and it took 1/2 year for me to dispense with the diet without getting the pain.

Talking about embarrassment. At the time I was on the diet, eating only grains and vegstables, and being very strict about it because of the pain, I was also the talk of all my scientist, medical and lawyer friends. I found their relative reactions to be most interesting. The most open minded by far were the scientists. The lawyers were the most adamant that I was crazy, followed closely by the doctors, who seemed to see their profession threatened.

Right now I have an abscessed tooth. Every dentist tells me that I have to have it out right away before it kills me with pain or destroys my jaw. Well, anytime I feel sensation there I just soak it in hot salt water. That's well known in alternative medicine. It's been over 3 years now. The yearly Xrays show no change at all.

Sorry for the digression. The point of all this is that if human remote sensing is valid, the mechanisms that make it valid are most likely to be found in dark matter. A few of the particles being suggested for the make up of dark matter have just the right properties. They have supernatural properties in the same sense that electric conductors can be superconductors.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins