Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: God Has Evolved.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 7, 2001 21:56:09 UTC

I think societies have learned as time's gone on (including not to drink from pewter or eat from a copper plate that had any citrus in it, wash up, etc). Yes, it would be better for society if we would take more responsibility - why a lot of believers fail to remember those exertions in the bible is beyond me. Needless to say, I'm probably not the most agreeable person in a congregation, but, oh well. Jon, I don't know that our lives combined would be long enough to figure out why people are the way they are or why they want to take a perfectly good God and make him look like poop. :) Besides, that would probably be a psychology forum all of its own. But God's the same steadfast guy present to the naked guy in the desert as to the one in royal robes in a mansion. I was surprised, when I read the new testament for myself instead of relying on memories of what I'd heard taught, or whatever. No wonder the Reformation came about once people could read/et their hands on books to see for themselves and discern the good teachings from the bad (my definition of 'good teaching' is one that confirms that we are designed for great works and have strengths we often doubt; 'bad' teachings are the ones where it seems the context is manipulated, or only certain are collected into a theme for a lecture to get folks to be persuaded to do things for a certain church or individual. This one radio guy is notorious for his 'God designed us to be abundant and to share with the church' (seems to forget the 'church' is the 'body', and are we not all neighbors? sure, give to the church, but not the church ONLY). If I'm a heretic in their eyes, too bad. They're not in charge of where I go when I die. :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins