Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Bible Is It Science Is Sht

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 7, 2001 02:06:34 UTC

I like the brevity of that saying (not the attitude some hold that it reflects, mind you).

Re: a world with people 'such as myself' - haha, it's a little subjective, eh? there's probably a gang right here who shuddered to read that! haha but i'm working on it, when i come across someone who's got that bumper-sticker attitude in my little corner of the universe. oh, wait, the universe isn't square, so how can it have a corner? nevermind...don't wanna go into the 'too serious' mode.

keep an eye on your prediction. similar in the book of revelations when there's peace in the middle east - oh, what was that on the news just this a.m.? hmmmmmmm...

Active, just, benevolent creator. I'm working on a book so I don't yawn everyone out here all at once with my 10-year experience. At this time, on this first page of posts, I answered Alexander's request for 10 'signatures' of God in what was titled 'Very fine'. That might start for 'active'. For 'just': Proverbs says God is with a righteous person in court. We went under false accusations by an ex-spouse and prayed my stepson wouldn't fall prey to assumptions based on appearances and propoganda. While the ex tried everything she could to alienate the boy, now he lives on his own and is closer than ever with his dad. God kept his promise there and in other ways. 'Benevolent' - when a child I saw in a magazine a photo of a praying mantis laying an egg case. I was awestruck that someone was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time to capture that elusive wonder, and thought,'I would feel SO LUCKY if I, too, could see something like THAT'. Took a few years, but when I lived in a tipi and happened up to a trailer, for whatever reason, I peered behind its spare tire and found a praying mantis in just such an activity. Thankfully (and another 'benevolence') I had the 'good fortune' to be in the company of a VERY understanding mate who didn't blink twice seeing a roll of film documenting the hour-long process to lay an inch-long case. That's just one thing. The tipi living, itself, is another. Though it was not by choice and times were rugged, it was another promise ('I'll redeem your afflictions') that was kept because the experience was unusual and is now providing many opportunities in and of itself. Not that believing is an excuse to look for a 'hand out', but he gives 'hand ups' - redeeming all that's gone before into better and better opportunities if we're willing to 'swim out to the ship' instead of waiting for the ship to come in.

If I did 'misinterpret the data', and I doubt I did, anymore than I misinterpret my husband's love for me because I know what love's supposed to be for, then I suppose I'm the only one harmed. And I haven't stopped dancing yet...

sometimes it takes believing to be able to see in retrospect just where God's signatures have been in our lives all along, in 'coincidences', etc etc.

sorry if i bored you..:)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins