Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Of Course

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 7, 2001 01:49:02 UTC

tho you didn't reply to some of my earlier posts since your 'sabbatical', i believe it was in those that i expressed my impression of the difference between science and religion:

a believer knows there's a god, one who actually cares, who was really creative and made all sorts of stuff, caused the galaxies and all them to be in their places with their properties. sciences are the studies of the myriads of places and properties and parts and roles of that which a believer generally calls 'creation'. every day i am fascinated in being surrounded by 'sciences', the fabric on my chair made from cultivated plants processed in machinery that works on basic engineering and force principles with water made of 2 elements and other chemicals of unknown components, and mordants and dyes, another tool designed for the purpose to sew and form; a tree that experienced season after season of condensation and precipitation and soil aeration and composting to be harvested and processed for the legs, etc etc etc. lest anyone think i am 'blind' to science and its affect in just my life, nevermind in every sense. but science focuses on the tools and the shed that I believe God created and we all enjoy, whether or not we want to give Him credit for it. I don't wanna be an ingrate in a house with a stocked fridge and pretend provisions got there themselves. i gotta steer my analogies away from food, or up my protein intake or SOMEthing, HUH? haha

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins