Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
To Clarify

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 4, 2001 02:07:49 UTC

if i really want someone's opinion, it is wiser of me to be polite to the person when they DO take the time to answer than to just tell them, fine, but you're stupid or any other derogatory remarks. please refer to the post to which mine was replying. maybe it will be more clear.

because responding with a derogatory remark is cowardice, rather than saying 'hm, it still doesn't really make sense,' or 'i am not totally persuaded'. when we shoot back with 'you're stupid' we're really saying we're afraid to admit we don't know. no one expects, or SHOULD expect, a single person to have all the answers, nevermind all the 'right' answers, about everything.

as for god stuff, if you haven't already tripped upon many of my earlier posts, i don't claim to know it all. but i also enjoy the journey of discovery, because i don't require having all the answers right this minute. i like to ponder what is given as an answer. but, that's me.

if all the religious people you've ever met have been dorks to you, i apologize for all of them (and myself, in advance). just like i apologize for all the non-believers who've been dorks to you. you're a bright person who has deserved better.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins