Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Very Fine.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 3, 2001 21:26:25 UTC

1) The 'coincidence' that any justice is served where lawyers are involved (if you think this isn't significant, try it sometime! haha)

2) The fact that a destruction-oriented human race could succeed in developing observational instruments to explore whole galaxies in spite of #1 (i'm really not joking! think how much sooner they WOULD have done it!)

3)The fact that there IS so much order and math; if it came so readily by 'law', would there not be more frequent evidence of life-stars like ours in our area?

4) The fact that computers work as reliably as they DO. (you think i'm kidding, don't you?)

5) We earthlings haven't blown ourselves up yet, despite our massive ability to do so.

6) The fact that no matter how 'bad' things can be on our planet, we're still willing to actually see if there's other 'communicative entities' in the universe - why is this, when we can hardly communicate with each other sometimes?

7) The fact that 'stupid religious people' haven't died out in favor of 'survival of the fittest'.

8) The fact that we still remain curious about other's opinions despite how firmly rooted our own are.

9) That there's still an interest in being near animals despite how exasperatingly untameable they can be - living with trees is much easier.

10) The fact we don't seek the easiest ways all the time, when it sometimes makes more sense to do so - don't even universe systems follow the most simple and expedient laws?

how's this for a start, off the top of my head? now that you brought it up, i'll probably be dwelling on this very, very legitimate and valuable question of yours. keep up the good work, don't stop looking, no matter how warm and fuzzy and easy some things may seem.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins