Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Accounting On Both Sides

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 3, 2001 20:21:47 UTC

I don't know why they burned them.

I also don't know why scientists take the religious community for granted and get all arrogant. sometimes, while scientists are using their test tubes there's some church that's feeding their estranged grandmother or taking a remote parent out of the old folks' home to see some sunshine. I think in that way 'religion' helps progress. It hasn't seemed able, however, to keep some scientists from happily developing chemicals that would wipe out a whole city, bombs, etc. I do not propose 'all science is bad', lest you think i'm extreme. i think that both sides underestimate the wickedness within its own circle and the benefits of the existence of the other circle. a love/hate relationship to some, a happy medium to others.

There's a symbiosis, which is too often overlooked. Life is a team venture, like it or not. People have different pursuits which they find meaningful.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins