Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
How About This...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 3, 2001 01:58:18 UTC

can you define wisdom, mathematically? for instance, someone wisely invented a vehicle assembled that could take people places.

if he'd simply invented a bunch of parts it would take an engineer to assemble if he wanted his own car, or if we wanted to use a vehicle and had to assemble it every time we wanted to USE it, then it probably wouldn't have been the best design.

i think most humans would agree that some of the best designs are when things work and STAY working without having to mess with it all the time. A computer, for example! :) Wouldn't we say a programmer was a genius if he could accomplish that?

So, when you say '...there are physical laws ...and fundamental interactions...and those laws and interactions govern all we know WITHOUT the need of any HAND at all', would you agree it's a pretty cool system?

Science doesn't understand how ALL things work, either. We are all sojourners in exploration; one man's theory is another's 'creative essay'.

What is the use of either of them? To keep the lantern of certainty burning that is convinced that there is more than meets the eye.

If we can safely say we do not know half of all there is to know, any of us, do you suppose God might exist in the other half? I think you're suspecting it, yourself, otherwise you might not be drawn to the god and science forum. or maybe i'm wrong. i certainly don't even know one gazillionth percent of all there is to know about you. :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins