Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: The Universe Is Not Orderly

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by RTD/">RTD on May 28, 1999 15:03:57 UTC

: : "The Universe is ruled by chaos not by order."

: Yes, some things are highly unpredictable (chaotic) over long periods of time, but the point is: We can understand how that is so. It makes sense that there would be chaotic behaviour over extreme physical situations. : I don't know how it is that technology is showing us a more and more disordered universe. Whatever your definition of disorder is, all that we do see in the universe can be or will be explained through science. That is the order to which I am referring.

: : "God can be seen as science but i believe that science is the study of gods work and not of god."

: A little ambiguous. I said God can not be seen as science, but science could be seen as the study of God (or His work, a minor distinction.)

: : : "I believe that god created the Universe and is not the Universe but a seperate entitycontained within the universe not as a physical presence but as a spiritual one."

: But of course, any of us can beleive WHATEVER we want about God, since none of us will ever be able to prove it!

: Science is of course the study of God's works, but we can learn about Him as well, His power and wisdom for starters. Is not the fact that the universe exists proof in itself that God exists? The fact that there is life proves it? Where else would it have come from? Believing we are just a cosmic 1 in a trillion chance takes more (blind) faith than believing God exists. The evidence of God is all around us, let's not be blinded!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins