Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Please Allow Me To Clarify

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on January 28, 2001 07:30:49 UTC

but how my sb interpreted his relationship simply has no bearing on who god is, only on how he himself acted.

I'm sorry, that must have been horrible. Hopefully I can argue about this without opening up any old wounds... re: your sb's actions having no influence over God: Exactly. So why choose Christianity over Islam or Shintoism if A> God is independent of our actions and B> There is no readily apparant "right" religion?

Now for a long paste:

"The fact that you seek the truth, dearheart, is a sure thing you're headed in the right direction. Remember, just like you don't settle for 'a keyboard exists just because', don't settle for a conversation with me or anyone else that he exists and cares and all that cool stuff. i don't know what kinds of words you've heard in your life, but his you needn't be afraid of, they are not meant to harm you but build you up into the best you he had in mind to design. no promise of roses, but absolute peace and satisfaction of the 'right'. "

That's the problem. That argument sounds great and wonderful, but doesn't MEAN anything. Again, it comes down to how do you know?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins