Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: To Who Said Gravity Doesn't Exist, Rather Light...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Kip Crawford on January 27, 2001 04:04:04 UTC

Instead of defining the "birth" of a protostar, we can use the near-death of a red-giant. Betelguese is unique only because that baby's gonna blow soon. Since the nuclear fuel is basically exhausted, hydrogen expands (hence the size). I don't believe that gravity is the issue here, but the change in mass itself. Density grows in the center core, which in turns changes the "structure" of gravity surrounding the star and further. During the "super nova" event, the core collapses, creating a huge amount of energy outward which we can call an "escape velocity factor". Gravity is going the other way obviously because the small high-density mass is so great. We basically agree (scietific community in general) that sometimes we have a black-hole event or the mere onset of a neutron star spinning at ungodly speeds that has been determined to be a factor in influencing gravity itself. These events are (in my opinion) proof of gravity. It has to be. Light might be a factor, but not a necessary variable. Magnetic forces play a part as does gravity. There are other examples on the "proof" of gravity. Gravity/non-gravity issue is extremely complexed. Way too many variables that fit physics as we know them. There are I'll admit some factors that have been unexplained....I speak of Quantum Mechanics/Theories. Been reading up on that subject lately only because there have been singlarities concerning gravtity/light relationships.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins