Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Please Allow Me To Clarify

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on January 27, 2001 01:38:19 UTC

"So if I had a system of beliefs that contradicted entirely with yours but had its roots in a system of abstract patterns, that would be just fine in your eyes?"

a) what is the value of what is 'fine' with me? if you mean do i have an internal conflict with it, maybe this little story will help: i try to live up to my claim of being a Christian. my stepmother was one, and probably my dad in his shyer way. her son thought only about his 'Christian' focus. he killed my stepmom and dad, and then himself right before easter. i'm pretty sure i believe in the same god my stepbrother did. but how my sb interpreted his relationship simply has no bearing on who god is, only on how he himself acted.

the world and god are bigger than everything i could ever understand in my puny blind-sometimes brain. surely god made the world big enough to give plenty of room to everyone's thoughts - i haven't found justification to question that, or license to say nothing that you think is true has room to exist. while i hope for your satisfaction in gaining the wisdom you so diligently seek, whether it happens is a personal journey that i can only do the cheerleading for. the steps are yours, as mine are for me. and what i choose to believe or not has no bearing on whether you'll gain the relationship with your maker.

"There can only be one truth, and rather than take a shot in the dark I prefer not to miss." The fact that you seek the truth, dearheart, is a sure thing you're headed in the right direction. Remember, just like you don't settle for 'a keyboard exists just because', don't settle for a conversation with me or anyone else that he exists and cares and all that cool stuff. i don't know what kinds of words you've heard in your life, but his you needn't be afraid of, they are not meant to harm you but build you up into the best you he had in mind to design. no promise of roses, but absolute peace and satisfaction of the 'right'.

for things of man, talk to man. for things of god, go to him. :) and you know what? you don't even have to tell me or anybody else about it. unless you want to. you don't lose total power of choice, just gain power in making that choice.

have a nice night...:)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins