Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Are Wise

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on January 27, 2001 00:50:38 UTC

to test teachings (it's even encouraged in the bible so we can become wiser and have discernment and not be fooled by even those 'wolves in sheep clothing'). and you don't need any 'middlemen' here to verify your wisdom or follow your heart and intuition - sounds to me like they are reliable, based on how you speak. i didn't find belief or faith in the church, either, though later i realized the church is a place to go to be with other folks who realize their personal relationship with their maker, and to build on wisdom and understanding. some who are seeking DO turn to the church as an option, and can come away satisfied. as you said, it's a personal thing.

as for faith, none of us were there in the beginning, before god, and therefore cannot entirely explain him. but you seem to have the literally proverbial 'mustard seed of faith' which will be satisfied in its search, so fear not. :)
talk to him by yourself, and listen, too, if you're serious (and i believe you are, even though they're just your words and we haven't met - heehee). i know this conversation can be provocative and interesting, but don't let it be a substitute for a more personal conversation with 'you-know-who' - i think you'll make greater strides in your search.

i admire the strength of character you showed in firmly establishing your entity. i have much to learn from it, and hope to do so. wish me luck or pray for me, whichever you are inclined to do now or later. :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins