Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Coherency And Other.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on January 25, 2001 22:54:28 UTC

You seem to miss the point.

Let's forget coherency- to me it means light can be focussed, to you coherencymeans something different.

But omega is much more interesting to me. You do not seem to realize that omega is one in the present universe according to people like Turner and the Harvard bunch.

It's made up of a bunch of things as you say. But most important it had to be one in the early universe for the universe to survive this long.

And as you say the light that was absorbed, was re-emitted at about 0.6 Myr (some say 0.1Myr). But the point is that all the absorbed light was re-emitted. And at the time of recombination, when light was released as you stated, there was ordinary matter, light and perhaps dark matter. The dark energy was (1000)**3 smaller than it is today- so it was negligible.

The point I am making is that the ordinary matter according to GUT theory, had a tiny omega compared to its measured value today. And since the total omega was one then, and is one now, where did all that extra ordinary matter come from????

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins