Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login
Can't connect right now, try later.

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: A Moral Code Everyone Can Agree On.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by he'lek on May 7, 1999 07:55:52 UTC

: : Hello All, : : I was wondering if there are any important morals all poeple can agree on? I do not want to discuss the ones that have conflict, just focus on these few, and we will try to construct laws around them which are as agreeable to everyone as the morals themselves. : : There must be one which oversees all the others, its on the tip of my mind, can almost reach it, just out of reach, whoa,,,,,,,I'm falling!!!!!!!!!!!! : __________

: Ugh!

: What is morality? What creates it? What is it's purpose? If we can first understand it, then we can answer your request.

: Tön

One moral law that not too many people can dispute is best described as carma: What goes around comes around sooner or later. Like the old proverb; The chicken's have come home to roost. It even goes with physical law, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. For instance a friend needs 1,000 dollars, and you have the money to loan them, they will more than likely help you when your down. But on that same note, if you don't the opposite reaction would be that your just a greedy person who more than likley has no true friends.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins