Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Atri, I Think That Was Unfair

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on January 24, 2001 00:09:01 UTC

i actually agreed with the first part of your post, but then at the end you wrote "One needs no scientific proof to see the obvious.." If you and I don't need it, then why are we interested in it? because it satisfies a hunger for closeness, right?

As for : "...people who can not see the obvious being atheists and materialists. They are not believers." i know some BELIEVERS who can't see some of the obvious.

But what really got me was when you said (nonbelievers)"...are generally liars and try to derail the believers from their faith..." A) i haven't seen any lies in here yet from UNbelievers. and i don't see where they're trying to derail believers - they have very legitimate questions, questions which (frankly) i too had but did not have the opportunity to discuss or felt comfortable enough to REALLLYYY get down to the nitty gritty in otherwise 'polite person-to-person' company. it's ok not to have all the answers without feeling threatened about it. Hey, world, i don't have any real answers probably. I really would suggest you go 'straight to the source' because that's what He's THERE for, his door is open 24/7/eternity, don't shortchange yourself. if you want to know how your friend feels, you ask them directly, right? you don't go to a third person when the second one's right there and then say 'how does he feel'? same thing. it doesn't matter who you are or where you've been. it's not like it's a secret to the one it really matters to, anyway.

so, atri, please, don't put stumbling blocks with mean statements like that. you don't have to do or be or say anything special to have license to have a chat with God. at least, not last time i checked. somebody ask him for me to see if that rule's changed, ok? :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins