Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re Devil = Chaos = Higher Probability Of Disorder

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on January 23, 2001 04:52:54 UTC

As a child, I was dropped on my head while my bigger brother ran over it repeatedly with his big wheel… after that, clinical experts in the area decided that I was "special" - so forgive me fer bein slow.

1) "Among many equally probable arrangements of things we are always interested only in "very special order" of them (say, shaking a bunch of bricks in a hope to build a house). But the certain order is only one out of zillions of other (equally happening) configurations we somehow are NOT interested in. So, its probability is extremely small." -Al

I guess what you're suggesting is that the universe is random (every possible event has the same probability of happening - like in a poker game). I'm inclined to think that this isn't true of the universe (or evolution)… for example, a rock rolling down a hill has a far greater probability of happening than one rolling up… clearly not equal. This is pretty much true of all spontaneous reactions vs. non-spontaneous ones. Heck, even in your subject title you suggested disorderly events occur with greater frequency than ordered events. Mayhaps, I'm not really catching your drift, I've been known to misunderstand words and such.

2) "So, let be honest, there is no need to mention Devil here (and in all other cases), it is just arithmetics." - Al

Hey, I'm down with that. I've actually been an atheist for about 3+ years now, so I suppose you'd be preaching to the converted.

Q: So how does all this apply to evolutionary principles?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins