Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: The Uncertainty

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on January 21, 2001 19:39:27 UTC

"God may or may not exist. If there is such a thing what can anyone do about it?" I'm not sure I understand your question, what to 'do' about what?

As to "whether any particular religion has an acceptable answer", no 'religion' whatever one's definition can replace a personal 'relationship' with one's maker. not even my opinions which you're reading. only a person's heart knows their questions, and bringing them out in the open with the maker who matters is the way to a personal relationsip, just like speaking with one's spouse far surpasses reading guidebooks on communicating with another. sometimes it is taught to 'fear' God. well, yeah, cuz he's bigger than death. but no where does it say to fear trying to speak with him. and he doesn't say to see everything as sweetness and light, he says 'be angry but don't sin, like don't let things allow you to choose to become that which grives you.

i've been brutally honest vocally with Him during certain adversities, 'I AM FAILING TO UNDERSTAND WHAT'S EXPECTED OF ME HERE!!! YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO HELP ME!". he's always attentive even when i'm not, so i find that helpful.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins