Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
But What Do We Instill In Its Place?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on May 5, 1999 22:13:33 UTC

: : And realized the previews did it justice. They both were rediculous. Did you like the scene when they were justifying how the animals would not mate, but the humans needed to maintain self control. That is where I saw my 2 minutes. Could you emagine trying to capture some of the larger animals with the technology of the time. Its really not even worth discussing, but its so frustrating we teach our children these stories in a different way than they learn Greek and Roman Mythology in school. Both belong together based on merit, in school tought in the mythology lesson.

: H

__________________ ***I agree with you, mythology, but to remove such a integrated part of our society, it will be nessisary to replace it with well thought out, explained reasoning, as well as being acceptable to all. A very big undertaking, even bigger than the advent of Christianity. So, what are the basics which we should use as a frame? How do we lay it all out and then plan for a gradual/generational transformation, which is already happening to a large extent, although it is haphazard and based upon intrests of the powerful, which is bound to ignore the majority of the world's people, although much of it "happens" to be acceptable to us in the U.S. because we wallow in our material wealth, surplus, and convienience. I think I'll post such a plea for suggestions. Or mabey you could do it, I seem to be sort of outside of the intellectual group, sort of floating in and out. It is important!, but is it useless? How has Europe adjusted, do they have a new recognized moral philosophical system/code, or are they just winging it? Thanks Aytch (H).

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins