Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Revelation, A Prophecy Come To Pass

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on January 16, 2001 13:03:34 UTC

My interpretation is a hypothesis in the Newton sense that it cannot be proven one way or another. I am not claiming more validity than others. Although it is consistent with Nostradamus perhaps excepting his 1999 prediction, which did not seem to happen.

All such hypothetical interpretations of scripture have to be taken on a probabilistic basis. I gave mine 70%. You would give it less.

I consider all interpretations of scripture to be true in the probabilistic sense. Belief in the absolute truth of any scripture is pure dogma. But faith in the truth of scripture is not. There is a difference between faith and belief. My interpretation has nothing to do with my faith. But it does impact my belief.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins