Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Buddhahood- A Static Or A Dynamic Unfolding Process

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Glenn on January 16, 2001 09:39:03 UTC

WE are not talking here "what is" and "what is not " but rather "why" is that so. Chanting is not a matter whether it is a japanese language.... That is what Nicheren Daishonin explained to us and passed the truth of the Lotus sutra and somehow we could experienced and benefited from this practice. The deepest meaning of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo is only revealed through the practice of Chanting it.
I am not a japanese. I am purely a Filipino citizen. The beautiful country of the Philippines is my homeland. My parents were both Filipino. My mom was the first who practice this Buddhism when she was introduced to this practice from here cousin. Nicheren Buddhism is only new to Philippines and take root here in early 1960's. But, here in our Island Mindanao it came here in 1974. Actually, the spread of this Buddhism is not done something by a missionary. It just flourish in relative manner whom this lay member who practice Nicheren Buddhism just happened introduced to her friends or to his relatives and and this person found actual proof from his or her practice and so this new practitioner happened also introduced to her friend or someone and so on and so forth.It somewhat like a chain reaction .So, the spread of this Buddhism is actually done by this lay practitioner by the Soka Gakkai members. THat is how Buddhism of Nicheren Daishonin spread from 1960s and now the member of Soka Gakkai evolve into 163 countries and territories which became an International lay Buddhist organization or known as "SGI". As an NGO with formal ties to the United nation, SGI is movement dedicated to peace, culture and education. If you want to know more about us please see to our SGI website : www.sgi.org.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins