Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Revelation, A Prophecy Come To Pass

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on January 15, 2001 02:43:32 UTC

a false sense of security with unlocked gates-
this could refer to the fact that Jews have spread over the whole world

We have not yet had the two prophets they spoke of who tried to help people see the way after the believers were whisked away-
a possibility is that the first set of believers are the millions of christians killed by Stalin, and the second set are the millions of jews killed by Hitler. Otherwise there has not been any whisking away yet. Note that if true, the second set were whisked away during destruction in WWII.

Re: "Armageddon was the entire 20th century" A is a battle where blood spilled will be up to a horses bridle and spread for miles; i forget if the passage also mentions a time frame of certain days or months. -
this does sound much more like WWII. So to be more accurate I should say that Revelation could take place over the entire century while the battle of Armageddon, a much more limited time frame, is likely to be WWII.

Do you remember offhand the location of the passage re: a woman that is surrounded by water would be destroyed from the sky? -
no. I'd have to reread as well.

Talking about women. I like the prophesy of Jeremiah who says the end of days will come when a woman courts a man. Sounds right to me.

As for the size of WWII casualties, wasn't it said that a couple of american-soil wars had more before 1870 than in that and WWI put together? i claim no good figures on this, but it was astounding, and the 1800's predate the depression. -
American Civil War causalties, although quite high, do not come near the almost 100 million people killed by communists in the 20th century.

Let's keep this discussion going.

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins