Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Revelation, A Prophecy Come To Pass

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on January 14, 2001 20:27:00 UTC

Very interesting points, to be sure, re: a book that is very diverse. There has been much speculation, and even books. I will have to dig out my notes on the book, esp. as compared with the prophecies of Daniel in the Old Testament. But, if i may comment on some of your items:

Rev speaks of Armageddon happening after Israel has enjoyed a false sense of security with unlocked gates, etc. This 'peace' we may see unfold with the ongoing peace talks as a barometer. I don't have to tell you it's a foolish rich man who unlocks his gates to those who pose a s wolves in sheep's clothing. Israel's peace may also come as part of a guardian bargain with Russia, its neighbor directly to the north; Russia being allied with 'the east' as we know. Israel area full of all sorts of enviable resources.

You may recall that in those days, there will be about a dozen kingdoms, one lesser one taking over a greater one, etc. We might be seeing this with the United Nations, the one-world currency arising. Also in those days 'one will not be able to buy bread if they possess not the number in their hand or forehead'. In Colorado a few years back they already started to experiment with implanting chips like credit cards that can be scanned; sure, can't be stolen like a card. But this may be the bone of contention in faith vs. trusting in man/manna. After all, how many will be willing to risk that endurance when it would be easier to have the implant?

We have not yet had the two prophets they spoke of who tried to help people see the way after the believers were whisked away. When Jesus returns he'll swoop the next bunch who became believers even during such devastation. You'll notice an absence of the mention of believers for awhile when some of the stuff goes on. This is why he said 'only god knows when you'll be whisked away' so no one, even those who can chart chronologically the Rev events will adequately be able to say with clarity "I have plenty of time, I needn't consider my soul's future". Decision time is now.

Re: '...the threat from the east has 100,000,000 militiamen.' China is not the only country in the east. Re: 'it is not likely to be true in the future, because we face either peace or destruction... that eliminates the need for that many under arms.' - it has long been the debate of whether or not there is need for such a degree of arms as are floating around, but paranoia and propoganda breed more of itself. there is no real peace without justice and conscience, which are corrupted and dwindling.

Re: the world's depression: i wonder if a depression now would have more devastating and widespread effects than it did in the 30's, given there seems to be even more to lose...the US does not the world make, nor can we take our leadership for granted in the changing pace of 'global equalization.'

True, 'things could still go awry.' Peace requires laying down of hostilities by those in power. peacemakers have some degree of success, and is probably why they are called 'the salt of the earth' - without SOMEone trying to make peace, nothing could have survived, like salt preserving meat. and, to borrow another biblical analogy, 'if the salt loses its flavor, of what use is it' - if peacemakers lose their passion/action, of what use is their claim and attempt?

Re: "Armageddon was the entire 20th century" A is a battle where blood spilled will be up to a horses bridle and spread for miles; i forget if the passage also mentions a time frame of certain days or months.

If Hitler had been the Anti-Christ, then who would have served as False Prophet to get folks to worship him? The abomination was to be in the temple itself, not on foreign soil. I don't think Rev was being figurative by using the Jewish people as a symbol of the temple; but perhaps I'm presumptuous. The Anti-Christ is to come from the City of the Seven Hills (which we know as Rome - my, what a narrowing down! hmmmm, what world figure could possibly come from THERE with any influence? wearing scarlet robes, perhaps is also the harlot). Do you recall a passage that says that the FP or AC is also a relative of another in power at the time of their own emergence?

Do you remember offhand the location of the passage re: a woman that is surrounded by water would be destroyed from the sky? I'd have to actually re-read the whole book, but that would have delayed my post never to return!

Gog and Magog: In Oxford Annotated Bible, ref'd under Ezekiel 38 and 39, Gog would be king of Magog, in the north. Meshech is Moscow?; other place names: Lud (Lydia in Asia Minor); Put=Libya; Helech possibly Cilicia. Tubal is Assyrian "Tabal" in what is now southern Turkey. Sheba in sw Arabia. Cush=Ethiopia. Gomer, Assyrian 'Gimirrai' in central Asia minor.

As for the size of WWII casualties, wasn't it said that a couple of american-soil wars had more before 1870 than in that and WWI put together? i claim no good figures on this, but it was astounding, and the 1800's predate the depression.
Perhaps the Euphrates River is the literal location?

Given the downward spiral, i don't think the human race IS capable of 'straightening itself out' without intervention. If it could why would Jesus leave heaven to give us the key to life when he coulda just enjoyed where he was?

Decision time should rightly take on the same attention as the possibility of Y2K problems.

There's also, or was, a thing called the Trilateral Commission - the US, Russia? and somebody else at least in the '80's. Dunno if the Nuclear Waste Paper is still available that drew my attention to this. Will have to investigate. There's bigger stuff going on than our gov't censored papers allow us to see (notice most/all news sources are AP and UPI).

True: "God works through us, and gets the right man, or woman, in the right place at the right time, to make things come out right. The right man often pays a price. " that's what he did with his own son, so folks might see he's merciful and compassionate to all in the long run, not just a plague-thrower with a lotta tantrums. Who is the lord? You're seeing glimpses of his work, by the looks of it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins