Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Jesus

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on January 14, 2001 19:18:25 UTC

Einstein was a pretty good scientist, and we recognize him as such. Some worship Elvis for who he was (or is, if you believe him still alive). But whole peoples wouldn't change their moral directions based on such individuals. You see how difficult it is for folks on this forum to allow themselves to be easily persuaded by certain things. It takes first account, eye witnessing now more than ever. I don't think the apostles knew Jesus 'al his life', he started coming into his own probably around his bar mitzvah when he was of age to speak and teach in the synagogues (pretty amazing for a group of older men to allow themselves to sit and listen to a kid, eh?). If there were other 'legends' who claimed to be the son of God, and to have the power to be resurrected from the death so that those who'd believe in the hope that death is not the end of us, with the promise that the word would fairly go out to all the world before He returned again so no one could accuse him of just letting in a 'chosen few', i haven't heard of any Herculean word passed down that offered hope, you know? If this known 'world' of galaxies etc is beyond definition, I find it difficult to believe that humans would have just a finite existence, that all is vain. There are those who are good by nature, who need no reminding from any religious sect. I think those have the inner knowledge, however discovered or undiscovered, that what they see is not all that exists, and that someone very powerful has come before them and is not just a finite story in a book.

did i ramble too much without really answering? sorry if i did.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins