Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Knowledge

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by H on May 5, 1999 01:50:29 UTC

In my view, none of these properties of the universe prove the existence of a god. Opposites (i'm still a little confused on this in general, and more importantly how it pertains to a god) among other things are simply properties of existence if you will. Gravity was mentioned before. Logically, this can simply be a property of the universe without any cause. When we study our surrounding, we find properties of those surroundings. But the point is, the surroundings are bound to have some properties. We are just unlocking them one at a time. I fail to see the connections between the properties we have unlocked thus far and any higher power. In fact, in my view modern science has debunked the Christian bible. (I don't know much about Taoism). But my reaoning for not believing in a "God" does not simply lie in science. Perhaps more importantly it lies in Logic. But what do I mean by "God". Do I mean any higher form of power? Not really. I mean a personal God who oversees us, judges us, created "this" for us, but won't directly communicate with us. This gambling, game playing God is another story all together from something like "Flow" or "Chi". I've seen some evidence for Flow, but nothing concrete.

H

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins