Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Knowing God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on January 8, 2001 21:18:10 UTC

What does a dying person have to lose? If an unbeliever most of their lives, they might realize at the last minute they're not willing to bet their souls there's no eternity. What's the harm?But I can't tell you how inspiring it was to me to learn my stepmom's last words to her son (my stepbrother), after he'd stabbed her in the back 10 times and chest 4 times were "I KNOW my SON wouldn't try to hurt me, I'm NOT AFRAID OF YOU." She KNEW she was talking to the forces of evil that had possessed her son.

I agree with you, that none in "our image could make a planet", but we're in GOD's image, he's not in ours.

As for religious leaders, good ones (not the ones out for money only), I think you'll agree after spending time on this post that trying to persuade a person to believe in the invisible to the benefit of their own souls is a lot harder than shovelling manure for a living. :)

I'm no 'religious leader', and certainly not a 'good Christian' all the time, hard as I try, but I'd be lying to you to say there's no God. What would it benefit either of us? ;) g

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins