Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: I Got Your Question Now.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on January 7, 2001 03:39:02 UTC

maybe i have a book somewhere that would give me a clue on comparing the cross sections found near active river beds compared to those of old former riverbeds...it would just seem to me that, wet or dry, one could have similar cross sections in a way. it always was curious to me, esp when hearing the rocks tumbling in the overflowing river from the force of the water, that one could even say the age with any real 'proof', when there seem to be pretty dramatic 'goings on' even from season to season. i would love to know how the sound of the water over the river rocks differs now than it did last year, it would have to, given position/depth changes...course, who could EVER know that, and what recording device could accurately even capture such slight changes?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins