Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Musta Taken

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on December 30, 2000 18:15:58 UTC

i used to think that we didn't matter, either; after all, think how much better off the earth would be without people - so much serenity, unbothered critters, no pollution. plus, as is common knowledge, if people were nice all the time and not greedy, there could have been a greater planet. which would explain the core of writings 'play nice, clean up after yourselves, go forth and do good', etc. if we 'love one another', it's a step in the right direction. sure it won't totally undo all the harm, but it would prevent further harm.

but i stray. here are two examples. if i hold a $20 dollar bill, it's worth something. if i crumple it up, it's still the same worth. if i step on it and mash it, it's still the same worth. i think you're worth more than money, as am i. no harm that's come to us or from us diminishes our worth (though we often perceive it differently). in the new testament, jesus says a sparrow is sold for money. how much more you are worth than many sparrows to me. in essence, we ARE worth more to our creator than those things or creatures or creation on which we place value/esteem/recognition. no matter what anyone else thinks of us as individuals.in my journal just this morning, as i reflected on how previously adversaries had hoped to bring calamity on us, and were successful to a degree, whatever hopes they dashed then have no place NOW or in our now-bright future. can't be convinced to further sacrifice to former enemies that which they're not even seeking now - like, humor, sanity, self-maintenance, etc. harrassment and abuse surely have their repercussions, but we DO have tools and choices on how long previous circumstances will effect future performance.

sorry. back to mattering. your presence in this forum has caused me much thinking, of which i'm appreciative. your actions matter to me now that i know of you. how much more you matter to the one who made you. would you agree that if a person has made a comfortable life, created interesting surroundings, and enjoys a provocative study or two that they are totally fulfilled? or do we note 'gee, they must be lonely, with no companion to share all this goodness'? humans ARE that companion to their creator; companions by choice, appreciative, and sharing the joys of successful and beautiful creation. he could've left well enough alone and enjoyed his creation without our stubborn existence messing things up, but there was some value to him in adding us to share it with. we may not know WHY we matter, but for some reason we do. our loved ones cannot fully describe WHY they love us, nor we them, but we know we do, and have faith in that knowledge. this is the core of faith. for whatever reason, hopefully someday we'll be shown WHY, we do matter to at least One. and when there's a relationship that's full circle, where i know he loves me and i love him, life is that much more enhanced. but it takes my acknowledging him, also, that's key to that, doing 'my part', instead of taking for granted or speaking only when i have a wish list.

please pardon such a long post. hope i didn't get off track too much. was up very late past couple nights! haha g

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins