Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Physics God And Magic

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Al Gobeo on December 25, 2000 00:18:48 UTC

I’ve been reading through the various threads posted here. It’s impossible to respond to everything, but here’s what I think.
I remember reading somewhere that if Science ever comes up with the Theory of Everything, that would eliminate our need to believe in God, since the Theory of Everything would explain everything according to Scientific thought.
You see, in Science there is no room for a God. Magic doesn’t exist in a world described by Scientific Laws.
I thought about this and decided that the only way science will ever understand the nature of "Everything" is for science to factor in the existence of God.
Yet science abhors the idea of magic so don’t include god. For some "The Big Bang" is; Everything starting from Nothing, and for no Apparent Reason created all this Intelligent Life.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins