Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Jisbond, Lets Try This.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on December 24, 2000 01:42:00 UTC

is it possible that it's not so much you see no reason to believe in 'a God', but that you find it hard to agree that most of the 'beliefs in God' you've seen around you so far have been simply less than illustrating a 'truer nature' of what God probably really is?

There was a time I also wasn't convinced by those around me at ALL. I picked up the bible i had with me from my mom (cuz, you just don't toss it away, right?) to read about geological history within it. and when i turned to the new testament (fourth book, John, especially), it was like 'now THIS makes a lot more sense in CONTEXT than some folks like to spout/embrace'. in a way, i guess it made me surer of God than what other folks believed! haha partly due to being 'creative' and a nature lover, i recognized that with all the colors and variety of stuff there could possibly be a bunch of enthusiasm behind it; knowing how i am when i see an odd bird and want to point it out to the nearest person, it made sense to me that an enthusiastic creator would naturally make folks with eyes to see and share. and then when i reflected on my love for my husband and what we've been through, and WOULD have gone through for/with each other, it again made sense that a truly loving creator would be willing to go to the ends of the earth and of hell to preserve those who believed. he empowers people with talents and skills to make their own harvest; granted, too many believers sit around with hands out 'god'll provide' - sometimes he provides OPPORTUNITIES, and we can see OUR part in his creative design, too. it's interesting. helps things make more sense rather than more confusion.

hope i didn't bore you or sound preachy. i wasn't born an angel or believer, and i can only TRY to be a good person. i'm not always successful, i admit.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins