Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Valid Points: But I-yai-yai!!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on December 23, 2000 19:50:28 UTC

madam/sister, remember?
a) Testing is how a not-yet-believer-with-a-relationship comes to see how the truth does indeed bear up under scrutiny.

b) When i said i test as a believer, i try not to test or tempt God, but test the teachings of humans (mine included) in the true spirit/filter of His teachings. I'm the first to admit I have much to learn.

c) "Ye shall not tempt (test) the Lord thy God."
When a person comes to believe they see where they HAVE tested God (for example: a former liar who realizes he was wrong and now has God's forgiveness for having requested it would be testing God if AS A BELIEVER he continues lying, as if to say 'what i do doesn't matter for i am forgiven'. Those who merely use a few words of 'forgive me' to God without a true wish to change themselves merely abuse the grace that is extended while we breathe).

d) we are none of us perfect, sometimes falling back into old habits or slipups, but a wise person will see where their weakness(es) are and either avoid allowing themselves to be put in such situations or recognize the vulnerability if they're trapped and will stay silent/refuse to act as they did before when they didn't believe.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins