Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Problems

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on December 19, 2000 00:56:14 UTC

The new world you envision based upon religious texts are in fact what we have right now.
The world is only begining to break free from the yoke of religious oppression, and I hope you do not tell me I don't know my history, fact is, I have to deal with its remenants every day of my life, one way or another, hatered is most concentrated in religious doctrine and belief.
Deviance from the "norms" implanted in law and society is viewed as evil (opposed) to the law of the land. Capitalism is its creation, freedom?
I laugh uncontrolably inside when I hear such bull. I hate to be a fly in the pudding, but lets
hear an argument against such talk. I've already been exposed to most of the arguments of the evil one causing it all, truth is, I have'nt seen either entity, good or bad supreame being, only mankind as a whole, and thier insistance upon it.
Uniting of all religions? Very very scary stuff.
How about accepting the possibility that all we know about such things are second hand at best.
Faith? In humankind? We need something totally new to pull us out of this mess, and if we don't get visiters soon, looking around, I feel like the end of life on earth is near, many want it, pray for gods will, what the hell is that?!
I do not have faith in ourselves, as a human who believes differently than the majority of the world, I can hardly find anything on a scale good and large enough to ever pull us out of our wish for self destruction. Just a brick in the wall with loose joint cement.
Not trying to be an Language Removed on this forum, just the way I see it thats all.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins