Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hindu

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on December 17, 2000 13:18:41 UTC

Same for Hinduism: three gods in one. Only one god who or which is everything, including you and me. However, different aspects of the same god are recognized. The primary three are Brahman, Vishnu and Shiva. But according to scripture each of them has manifested for different purposes and sometimes in different human forms and each separate manifestation seems to be called by a different name. Just as in the old and new testament and the Koran, god is known by different names. However, all the same god.

If you want my opinion, at least from the perspective of humans, god is a committee, made up of beings, perhaps all of whom were once physical but evolved to the spiritual. All the scriptures that I am familiar with suggest that even these supernatural beings worship a higher god. So the suggestion is that there is one supreme god who connects to us through lessor beings like angels, who we sometimes mistake for the supreme god. So the bottomline is that while on earth we are essentially auditioning for a committee position.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins