Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Science And God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Brad on April 23, 1999 02:49:07 UTC

: : I believe that the universe, this unfathomable mass or lack thereof, is too grand to exist without the presence of some higher power. I've read that if "out there" was some chaos, we'd call it such. We wouldn't refer to our universe as the cosmos had it not earned the right to be dubbed as such. I believe that when we look out into the night sky, we're staring into infinite, ever-changing order. I think order suggest an inherent creator. I think that's where God comes in to the picture. I couldn't imagine the universe any other way, like some accidental, fluke happening of infinite improbability (I could be misusing this term.) The universe, right down to the ground we humans tread, is too suggestive of divinity, of a divine hand's forming, to deny otherwise. I'd like to hear what you think about this.

: ***If it were not for our existance, there would be no talk of God, at least on this planet, and simularly, science is nothing more than our figuring out what is already there and how we can manipulate it. We exist and can reason about this, but both god and science are reactions to our desire to understand ourselves and the existance we live within. Anything more than this is creative thinking (imagination). We will perish some day, as an individual, a species, a world ecosystem, but until then, our drives are to survive as long as possible, this applies also to our offsprings survival. It might all end tommorow, or it could last another billion years if we played our hands right, but nothing lasts forever, except change within forever itself. It is a good thing, to be aware, to think, and even in our limited sense, to understand. :)

I agree with Phil.o.sofir, it is hard to think that the universe was created solely for us. One day we will all be gone, and so will the universe still exist? I think that the only God that exist probably exists within ourselves.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins