Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Simplifing A Difficult Issue

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on December 15, 2000 19:28:52 UTC

Abortion is allowed because we don't have land for the people to live on? Abortion is allowed because some people don't believe in holding certain issues upon others. I think drinking alcohol is taboo, in the fact it is the easy way of feeling nice, I perfer endorphines from athletics. But you don't see me trying to setup prohibition laws. I think drug use is a travesty, but I want to legalize it, so that there can be quality control, lower prices, fewer non-violent criminals stuffed in jails, and end the reign of drug lords by crashing that market. I think abortion is wrong, but I will not let that opinion effect someone else who may not feel that way. There will always be a mental price a woman and man will face with an abortion. But if we make it illegal, more women will see butchers and as Rockefellar said, "I will not send the women of today back to the stone age."
As god says in my short story where he sues mankind, he tells the muslims, let those who are infidels be infidels. Tell them what's going on, but leave it at that. You won't change anything by doing anything else. Let bygones be bygones, of course to a point.
You see, there are a few large standards to go by in the world. 1) no murder 2) no stealing 3) be kind to others. There are other ones, but those three are the keys. You might think abortion is murder, but some people don't.
If we are all to live in peace, a line must be drawn as to what is an acceptable difference.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins