Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: What Do Daemons Or Angels Or Devils Really Look Like?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Glenn on December 12, 2000 08:08:04 UTC

You know what, a hell of fire is found also in buddhist teachings within Hinayana(THeravada) and provisional mahayana teachings, one sutra state that hell is found on the underground deep on earth; heaven or Buddhalands is the same thing or common ideas that can be found both of two. But that concept, i find it inferior teachings. But it is different with the concept in Mahayana teachings particularly the philosphy of the Lotus sutra and as i explain in it earlier.

The teachings of mahayana Buddhism subdivided into two. One postulates a transcendental being in which people are taught to believe. These are provisional(inferior or mistaken teachings) Mahayana teachings, that is, the teachings expounded before the LOTUS SUTRA. Because of this postulation of a transcendental, provisional MAHAYANA BUDDHISM is similar to what is taught to CHRISTIANITY OR ISLAM. On the other one is the Buddhism of the LOTUS SUTRA IS THE TRUE LAW OR TRUE TEACHINGS EXPOUNDED BY SHAKYAMUNI BUDDHA. IT IS REGARDED AS HIS HIGHEST TEACHINGS. His true enlightenment, his mature thought embodied on it. I know u have no knowledge or lakcing knowledge with Buddhism. Buddhism also are very complex forms and they differ from one another. But i know that LOTUS SUTRA, THE KING OF ALL SUTRAS, IS THE HIGHEST TEACHINGS OF THEM ALL.

So, why not IF i WILL talk to what is taught to these provisional teachings in Budhism since your concept or ideas is common in all things..... and to see whether that kind of teachings we examined is inferior or which is superior?

Before we believe on something we must examined their teachings in the depths of our life cultivating it based reason and wisdom whether that is valid or not.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins