Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Re: Mathman

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on December 11, 2000 02:00:32 UTC

Like I said, I figure evolution could also exist; I certainly don't retain even 1% of all there is to know. Fun to imagine, tho', eh? Can you picture poor Noah, landlocked, building a huge boat? his neighbors musta thought he was nuts, neverMIND all the animals trucking into it! Where there's God's will, there's a way, tho' - haha Re: dinosaurs - I'm old (well, almost 40), but not THAT old! I wonder if they coulda roamed about first, and God decided before he made man 'aaahh, these things don't have big enough brains to be inquisitive and appreciate what I've made, so maybe I'll just compost 'em', so he mighta sent a merciful painless sleep on 'em and buried them for future finding.

I'm not sure why you said 'the flood did not affect the world just the middle east' cuz the bible says the waters opened up from all over the earth...have you read Genesis, etc? just curious.

I'm flattered you think I'm nice so far! you sound pretty reasonable yourself. There is a lot of theory and speculation, true. I find it interesting and enjoy mental stimulation like this forum.

Re: 'Why does every detail of the bible have to be true...' it is helpful for many answers to our questions, and is good mental exercise (which in itself is healthy, keeps away the alzheimers!). Not sure I'm clear on 'all the fuss' to which you refer, like overextended arguing on the meaning of things which gets in the way of functioning day to day? I don't know why that fuss. The new testament says not to indulge in endless debates (which probably referred to the times of Plato or whatever when that was the pastime of the elite; but see what happens here?). And yeah, I don't think it's a very loyal thing to do to spend more time biting each other with details than serving each other food, you know? It's good to balance thoughts and action...regardless of who it is a person owes their life to. I figure. :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins