Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Mathman

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on December 10, 2000 19:44:04 UTC

'people had to evolve from chimpanzees...' Why? I mean, I think if God is big enough he can make folks out of nothing. OR out of chimps. Or maybe even both. I don't remember being there, and doubt if anyone else was, to give a first hand account of HOW he went about stuff.
How does the Old Testament answer the evolution of creatures? It only seems to go so far as to say they were created; again, not HOW, except that He spoke and they were.

In Genesis 10, vs. 25 it mentions Peleg (great, great, great grandson of Noah); Peleg was named that 'for in his days the earth was divided' - perhaps by then the continents became more as we know them today. If the land was all one before the flood, we do not know the size of it.Perhaps gathering the animals was more possible then than, say, nowadays. And instead of taking all ADULT pairs of animals, maybe the animals were youngsters and smaller, so more could fit. The bible only says they were gathered 'male and female', it did not say what maturity. Perhaps that was the way it was. And considering how we can speculate on even the ages of the animals, I wonder if some of the details were not then divulged because they would be even tougher to imagine and soak in? :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins