Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Religion Not Politics

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Brian on December 9, 2000 18:51:46 UTC

The problem with religion it is open abuse as fanatical people can use religion to control the masses and it can be endorsed by goverments then religion and politics become inextricably linked one blending into the other the the Catholic Protestant divide in Northern Ireland, Christian Muslim clashes in Malaysia religion,Hindu's and Christians I think is for the fearful and fearing who fell the insecurity within themselves to latch onto something greater fueled by the base belief that good deeds will be rewarded in the afterlife and bad deeds will be punished call it karma, call it hell call it what you will don't get me wrong I'd love there to be an afterlife but you can never know I don't care what Jesus or Mohammed or Buddha claimed, or what Korans or Bibles you throw at me these are the works of man, not of god. If there is a god he would noy approve of Spanish inquisitions, or other religous persecutions the crusades launched by Pope Urban II i in what was to be a war that was religous to capture jerusalem and warrior monks such as the Templars and the hospitallers were sent there and pillaged and plundered all around.If people practice religion on a purely spiritual level not a political one then it is alright m rf

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins