Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Atri, You Baffle The Greatest Minds Of The World With Your Chit

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mohammad Isa Mirsiam on December 8, 2000 05:23:47 UTC

gwynj December 8,2000 01:27:58 Wrote:

"Buddhism is about the organization of thought, not the following of some rules."

comment: What is organization if it is not rules to be followed?

"Buddhism is about universal truth."

comment: If Buddhism is about universal truth then who or what is Buddha if not a man who follows a set of rules such as cleanliness rules etc. Is this rule(s)not leading to a truth?

"Your religion is about following arbitrary and what seem to be in some instances out-dated rules."

Comment: Name one out-dated rule (in Islam for an example) that is not practical even for today and be able to support it; Then I will eat my hat!

"One can think they are on the path of being a Muhammod, but they are just kidding themselves."

comment: There is no such thing as 'being a Muhammod' as you put it. If anything there are those who may be called companions of Muhammed and that is all. This is because they live by the right conduct of living toward themselves and others and toward nature...i.e. not being greedy and being clean internally and externally and spiritually. This makes one a normal human and that is all Christianity, Judaism and Islam and Buddhism is calling people to. It this there is wisdom. What [exactly] is the wisdom in your VERSION of Buddhism that you are inviting us to?

"You can't become a prophet. That's something you're born with."

Comment: How So? Are we not related to the first Prophet and Man who was the first made man (Adam)? It is within man to be chosen as a Prophet if Our God who made man wished to choose one again and again. We just accept that Muhammed was the seal of the prophets (being the holy spirit made manifest in Muhammed himself) in this life or generation of ours and in this dimension in time until judgement day.

"One can become a Buddha with effort and thought and intelligence."

Comment: Who said that it is wrong to become like Buddha? as a matter of fact it is most encouraging to hear what you are saying for Buddha stands for what every enlightened man strives for but with the difference that they can keep their own name and be likened like unto Buddha. (we may be saying the same thing here but with different perspective). All I am stating is that Buddha was a person whose mind had opened (kind of like a third eye). We call this intelligence which can predict what will happen if a set of actions in one's conduct is to be carried out. These actions produce certain results...good or bad depends on the Law, or better yet, the universal Law of how nature reacts or is designed to react by the maker who made it. As we are part of nature we will all react in the same way to certain conditions which produce the same results; one example is that if a person is clean and lives without greed he/she is liked and is happy and trusted by others (even by liars and cheats and greedy people), and if a person is full of greed and envy and cheats and steels and lies and is dirty is disliked by every one (even in his own clan who will not trust him/her).

"And as for Moses I'll quote Gehard von Rad, 'There is nothing holy about Moses.'"

Comment: Gehard von Rad must have been holier than Moses if he was able to prove what he stated. Was he Holy? Who was he? What did he stand for? What did he do? Send me some info on this person.
What is the basis of this persons argument? A comment dose not mean anything without supporting evidence?

Please send me information on Buddha of your belief: Who? What? When? Where? Why? How? ... These are the questions I will need addressed about Your VERSION of Buddha before We can have a meaningful dialogue. Please let us consider your facts. what are they?

Best Regards
Jisbond

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins