Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Map To The TOP..........

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Glenn on November 30, 2000 11:20:59 UTC

Mr Yanniru wrote:
So all religions aim in the same direction. Perhaps some get closer to the mark than others.

Follow -up:

Are all religions are ESSENTIALLY the same??

All religions are aiming for the happiness and peace. It's just climbing a mountain. Everyone's try to reach the same mountain TOP, though they're just going by different paths.

But there's where the analogy breaks down. If you'ven got a map made by someone who knows the mountain, it's a useful guide. But what i maps made by someone who deosn't know the route, or by another who knows route but doesn't know how to draw accurate map?? Youd have a pretty unreliable map...isn't it?
What i am getting at here is that i was thinking about what religion really is? The founder of a religion comes to some undersatnd about the world: " enlightenment", so to speak. He intuively grasps the nature of life and then face with the problem of explaining how he feels to other people so that they can reach the same enlightenment, salvation or whatever. The method he uses to transfer his wisdom eventually becomes that religions doctrine, and the doctrine in turns is the believers "map" to guide him through life. I am getting to say here that depending in founder understanding of life, the religions that develops from his teaching is either TRUE or FALSE. And i think this hbit poeple have of saying:" Only my religion is true". We'll i look at it like this.
If i follow a defective guide in life, ten to one i'll have a bumpy life. If i follow inaccurate map, i'm sure to get lost. Now more than ever we need a religion that gives us clear and complete understanding of life. I'll grant that many religions are useful, as far as they go. But when you've a world full of man made problems, you need a religion that shows perfect understanding of nature of man. Look at wars, look at pollution. Aren't they the result of man's greed abd egotism??? Only Buddhism teaches about life in its entirety, palcing full emphasis on the sanctity of Human existence.Buddhism is devoted to realizing man's essential nature, teaching the way he can overcome his worst and bring out his best. From practical viewpoint, the effectiveness of Buddhism as a way of life is it's proof. That's not self righteousness. It's practiclity.

To be continued....

On the other hand,Today religions is no more than a profit oriented business and that is why many of people look and don't believe on religions and they what we call deist. That is so sad. Religions must be for the people and not by anyone who controlled it. Religions that exist for the sake of peoples happiness and not the other way around.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins