Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Who Are 'they'?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on November 30, 2000 00:12:12 UTC

you said they preach about dependency in faith. "Faith", at least to me (applying to human or God), is when I have trust in someone for having shown a particular character worthy of trusting them just on their words because they have proven trustworthiness in their actions first. Kept their promises, did not lie, encouraged others to be their best and as wise as possible, etc.

"Dependency"is when one feels they CANNOT speak or act without another. This is a negative of 'recognition of connection' - i recognize that God makes circumstances and abilities possible and i have been endowed (as others have) in certain ways. I 'trust' God to keep the channels of inspiration open which enhance the talents we've been given, and try for my part to keep them open also instead of relying on my small vision of the way things are. I CAN 'depend' on (trust in)Him and His word. Not all people feel THEY can. But, like with nature, how I 'feel' about it or what I 'understand' about it does not change what it is, only my own insights.

And yes, there are many who use God (and other entities) as 'excuses' to evade reality and action, waiting for something to drop in their laps. I don't understand this, because God said 'I did not make you weak or put fear into you'.

have i made my words clear, or did i muddle them again? g

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins